- Digital x-ray equipment or a scanner with a transparency adapter (We recommend Microtek scanner models with transparency adapter)
- Internet access
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
Follow these steps:
- Get Adobe Acrobat Reader get it here.
- Install Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Print a copy of the calibration ruler here*
*before printing the ruler un-check “Fit to Page” or on Windows2000 uncheck “Shrink oversized pages to paper size”. Also, double check ruler size with a standard ruler, it should measure 10cm each direction.
- Scan x-rays including the calibration ruler.
- If you are sending digital x-rays, they must contain a means of calibration, i.e.; a nasal support with a ruler. The entire ruler area of the nosepiece must appear on the lateral and frontal x-rays.
- Save the records files using the following prerequisites:
- jpeg format (jpg)
- Image scale 1 to 1
- 300 dpi
- 600kb (or less) should be the average file size
- Compression quality of 5 on a scale of 1 to 10, or 83% on a scale of 1-100%
- The length of the file name can be no more than 20 characters, including
.jpg (counting as 4 characters)
I.e.; sjonesL.jpg = patient name + L (for lateral x-ray) + .jpg
- Login to the web site. If you are a current customer login here. If you need to create and account click here.
- Fill out the order form.
- Attach your scanned or digital files.
- Submit the order!